CPU Model Intel Xeon D-1541 CPU Architecture 64-bit CPU Frequency 8-Core 2.1 (base) / 2.7 (turbo) GHz Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
System Memory 16 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM Memory Module Pre-installed 16 GB (16 GB x 1) Total Memory Slots 4 Memory Expandable up to 128 GB (32 GB x 4) Notes
- Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on supplier’s product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
- Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
Drive Bays 24 Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit 48 (RX1217sas) / 72 (RX2417sas) Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)
- 2.5″ SAS HDD
- 2.5″ SAS SSD
- 2.5″ SATA SSD
Maximum Internal Raw Capacity 184.32 TB (7.68 TB drive x 24) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units 552.96 TB (184.32 TB + 7.68 TB drive x 48) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) Maximum Single Volume Size*
- 200 TB (32 GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only)
- 108 TB
Hot Swappable Drive Notes
- “Compatible drive type” indicates the drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
- The maximum raw capacity is not limited by the maximum single volume size. Synology NAS models may utilize capacities over the maximum single volume size as long as each volume created is below the limit. (Learn more)
- Each internal volume (may consist of multiple drives) is expandble up to 108TB (with memory less than 32GB) or 200TB (with memory equal to or greater than 32GB).
RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support) RJ-45 10GbE LAN Port 2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support) USB 3.0 Port 2 Expansion Port 1
PCIe Expansion 1 x Gen3 x8 slot (x8 link) Add-In-Card Support PCIe Network Interface Card (Learn more)
Notes exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
Form Factor (RU) 2U Size (Height x Width x Depth) 88 mm x 482 mm x 724 mm Weight 14.9 kg Rack Installation Support* 4-post 19″ rack (Synology Rail Kit – RKS1317) Notes The rail kit is sold separately
System Fan 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs Fan Speed Mode
- Full-Speed Mode
- Cool Mode
- Quiet Mode
Easy Replacement System Fan Power Recovery Noise Level* 57 dB(A) Scheduled Power On / Off Wake on LAN / WAN Power Supply Unit / Adapter 500 W Redundant Power Supply AC Input Power Voltage 100 V to 240 V AC Power Frequency 50/60 Hz, Single Phase Power Consumption* 313.84 W (Access)
125.77 W (HDD Hibernation)
British Thermal Unit 1,070.86 BTU/hr (Access)
429.15 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
- Power consumption is measured when it’s fully loaded with HGST 1.8TB HUC101818CS4204 hard drive(s).
- Noise Level Testing Environment: Fully loaded with Toshiba 600GB AL14SEB060N hard drive(s) in the idle state. Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones, each set up 1 meter away from the Synology NAS at the front and rear. Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75˚C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
Operating Temperature 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F) Storage Temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F) Relative Humidity 5% to 95% RH
5 Years Notes The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. (Learn more)
- Main Unit X 1
- Accessory Pack X 1
- AC Power Cord X 2
- Quick Installation Guide X 1
- D4RD-2666-16G DDR4 ECC RDIMM*
- D4RD-2666-32G DDR4 ECC RDIMM
- Surveillance Device License Pack
- Expansion Unit: RX1217sas X 2
- Expansion Unit: RX2417sas X 2
- Synology Ethernet Adapter E10G17-F2
- Synology Ethernet Adapter E10G18-T1
- Synology Ethernet Adapter E10G18-T2
- Synology Rail Kit Sliding – RKS1317