Dell PowerEdge R740 (PER740M5)
- Chassis 8 x 2.5″
- 1 x Intel® Xeon® Silver 4110 Processor 11M Cache, 2.10 GHz 8C
- 16T Max Turbo Frequency 3.00 GHz
- 16 GB (1 x 16GB) 2666MT/s
- 3x600GB 10K SAS 2.5″ Hot-Plug
- DVD RW
- Broadcom 5720 Quad Port 1Gb
- PERC H740P Storage Controller (RAID) – 12 Gbps/s/iDRAC9 Exp
- Redundant 750w
- [PER740M5] – 3 Year Next Business Day Warranty
Get the Dell PowerEdge R740 (PER740M5) at the best price in Uganda from Wodex.NET
Dell PowerEdge R740
Accelerate your applications
General-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration
Maximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With up to three 300W accelerator cards or six 150W cards, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
- Private cloud
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
The R740 is a general-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration. With its versatility, the R740 can help you transform your data center for VDI, artificial intelligence and software-defined storage (SDS).
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, Xeon Phi, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
iDRAC9 Enterprise with OpenManage Essentials
Server Configuration ManagementSecurity features:
TPM 1.2/2.0 optional
Cryptographically signed firmware
Server, power supply, documentation
EPEAT Compliant: YesEPEAT Level: EPEAT Bronze
Chassis Form Factor: 2U RackmountColor: Black
Supports up to two Intel Xeon processors, 28 cores per processor.
Cache Memory (installed): 16 MBRAM (installed): 32 GBRAM (max): 3000 GBRAM Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
32GB (2x16GB) 2666MHz* ECC RDIMM DDR4 SDRAM, 3TB maximum.
There are twenty-four DIMM slots. Two slots are occupied by removable 16GB modules; the other slots are free.
*Memory will operate at 2400MHz due to processor limitations.
Supports both RDIMM and LRDIMMs, but memory types cannot be intermixed.
Only supports ECC DDR4 memory.
Video memory: graphics card(s) sold seperately.
There is no operating system pre-installed.
Supported operating systems include:
Canonical Ubuntu LTS
Microsoft Windows Server with Hyper-V
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
OS Provided: No Operating System Installed
CD/DVD Type: No Optical Drive
Riser config 5:
(6) PCIe x8
(2) PCIe x16
NOTE: Chassis supports a variety of riser options with up to (8) PCIe Gen 3 slots and a maximum of (4) x16 slots.Expansion bays:
(8) 2.5″ SATA/SAS hot-plug drive bays
NOTE: Chassis supports up to (16) 2.5″ SAS/SATA storage drives or (8) 3.5″ SAS/SATA storage drives depending on configuration.I/O:
(2) USB 2.0
(1) USB 3.0
(1) iDRAC direct micro-USB
(2) USB 3.0
(1) Dedicated iDRAC network port
(2) Power inSupported storage controllers:
Installed controller: PERC H730p RAID controller, 2GB NV cache, mini-card
Internal controller options: PERC H330, H730p, H740p, HBA330, Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem: HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB, 240 GB
External PERC (RAID): H840
External HBAs (non-RAID): 12 Gbps SAS HBA
Supported networking controllers:
Installed card: Intel X520 DP 10GbE DA/SFP+ w/I350 DP GbE
Network daughter card options:
4xGBE or 2x10GbE + 2xGbE or 4x10GbE or 2x25GbE
Riser options with up to 8 PCIe Gen 3 slots, maximum of 4 x 16 slots
# Power Supplies Installed: 2# Power Supplies Supported: 2Power Provided: 1500.00 watt(s)
(2) 750W hot-plug power supplies; maximum.
1+1 power redundancy
# Processors Installed: 2# Processors Supported: 2Data Bus Speed: 2400 MHzNumber of Cores: 12-coreProcessor Features: Intel Turbo Boost TechnologyProcessor Manufacturer: IntelProcessor Model Number: 4116Processor Speed: 2.1 GHzProcessor Speed (Boosted): 3.00 GHzProcessor Type: Xeon SilverProcessor Upgradability: Upgradable
Networking Protocol: 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
Due to manufacturer restrictions, all sales on this item are final.
Compliant Standards: EPEAT Bronze
Hard Drive Capacity: 240 GBHard Drive Interface: SATA 6.0Gb/sHard Drive Type: Hot-plug, Solid State DriveStorage Controller RAID Level: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5, RAID 50, RAID 6, RAID 60Storage Controller Type: SATA
Video Card: No Graphics ControllerVideo Slot Type: PCI Express x8